Home | Laws | Print Page | Contact Us | Sign In | Register
Industry Professional Resources - Washington
Frequently Asked Questions
  1. What types of chemical dependency services are offered in Washington?

  2. Treatment services can be offered through residential and outpatient treatment facilities, which provide evaluation and either treatment or referrals for individuals with chemical dependency disorders. Read More
  3. What does it mean to be "licensed," "certified," or "accredited" in this industry?

  4. Licensing means that a particular type of facility or professional may only operate with the advance and continuous authorization ("license") of a designated government agency ... Read More
    Licensing & Certification
  5. What kind of licensure and certifications are required to operate a chemical dependency treatment program in Washington?

  6. Facilities must be licensed to operate. Licenses from the DoH are required to operate residential treatment facilities (RTF). Initial agency licenses are required from DSHS ... Read More
  7. How can the licensing and credentialing agencies in Washington be reached?

  8. Oversight is done by DoH and/or DSHS's DBHR, depending on the facility type. Licensing for residential treatment facilities is overseen by DoH while DBHR oversees the initial licensing and the program certifications ... Read More
  9. How does a residential treatment facility obtain a license?

  10. A completed application for RTF licensure must be submitted to DoH 60 days or more before commencing operations on the forms provided by DoH and signed by the owner or legal designee. Read More
  11. How does a residential treatment facility renew or amend its license?

  12. DoH mails the "Notice to Renew" about 45 days before the due date, which is 30 days before license expiration. At least 30 days before the expiration date of the current license, the facility must submit to DoH: Read More
  13. What is the process for obtaining certification for a chemical dependency facility?

  14. Chemical dependency facilities must apply for an initial license from DSHS to operate as a behavioral health agency, and must apply for program certifications from DBHR Read More

Contact Us

Behavioral Health Association of Providers
11835 W Olympic Blvd., Suite 1090
Los Angeles, CA 90064


Membership Agreement
Code of Ethics
Privacy Policy

About BHAP

Behavioral Health Association of Providers helps you feel confident that you comply with changing legal regulations and industry best practices while reinforcing your reputation within your network of ethical business practitioners.

Connect With Us