Home | Laws | Print Page | Contact Us | Sign In | Register
Industry Professional Resources - New York

Frequently Asked Questions


1. What kinds of facilities require certification?

Any behavioral health facility which offers treatment services for substance use disorder requires certification by the Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services (OASAS) unless an exception applies. Read More

2. What kinds of services can a certified substance abuse treatment facility provide in New York?

In New York, primary types of facilities include inpatient facilities, residential treatment programs comprised of intensive services, community and supportive living and outpatient facilities. Within each of these provider types there are multiple levels of service. Read More

3. What does it mean to be ‘licensed’, ‘certified’, ‘registered’ or ‘accredited’ in this industry?

Certification means that the facility has been granted an operating certificate, or a written notice conveying to the public that the Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services has issued its permission to operate authorized services related to the treatment of substance use disorder or chemical dependence. Read More

4. Are there any other organizations where we could find more information?

Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration http://www.samhsa.gov/  Read More

Contact Us

Behavioral Health Association of Providers
11835 W Olympic Blvd., Suite 1090
Los Angeles, CA 90064


Membership Agreement
Code of Ethics
Privacy Policy

About BHAP

Behavioral Health Association of Providers helps you feel confident that you comply with changing legal regulations and industry best practices while reinforcing your reputation within your network of ethical business practitioners.

Connect With Us