|Industry Professional Resources - Arizona|
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What kinds of facilities provide addiction treatment services in Arizona?
2. Which facilities are exempt from licensure requirements?
The following facilities are exempt from licensure requirements: View More
3. What does it mean to be “licensed,” “certified,” or “accredited” in this industry?
A license means that a facility or professional may operate or may deliver services with the advance and continuous authorization of a designated government agency, which is done to ensure protection of public health, safety, and welfare. View More
4. Which body licenses behavioral health and substance abuse treatment facilities in the State of Arizona?
The Arizona Department of Health Services, Division of Behavioral Health Services (DBHS) licenses behavioral health facilities according to the level of care and services they are capable of providing to their clients. View More
5. What information must be provided in my initial application for licensure?
The Arizona Department of Health Services will provide the format for the initial application. The initial application is comprised of basic identifying information, date for onsite inspection, ownership information, previous licensing history of owners and physical plant specifications. This application format is used for all facilities applying for licensure. View More
6. Does a license have to be renewed?
The license must be renewed annually, at least 60 days, but ... View More
7. How long does a licensing application usually take?