|Industry Professional Resources - Tennessee|
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What kinds of facilities require a license?
Any substance abuse facility which offers treatment services for substance abuse requires a license from the Tennessee Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services (TDMHSAS). Substance abuse facilities View More
2. What kinds of facilities are exempt from licensure?
The following facilities are exempt from licensure by Tennessee Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services (TDMHSAS): View More
4. What does it mean to be 'licensed' or 'accredited' in this industry?
Licensing means that the facility has been granted a written notice conveying to the public that Tennessee Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services (TDMHSAS) has issued View More
Governance and Staffing
5. What kind of ownership and staffing structures are common with these types of residential arrangements?
A sober housing facility may be structured as a nonprofit corporation...View More
6. Are there any other organizations where we could find more information?
Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration