Home | Laws | Print Page | Contact Us | Sign In | Register
Industry Professional Resources - Washington
Frequently Asked Questions
  1. What types of chemical dependency services are offered in Washington?

  2. Treatment services can be offered through residential and outpatient treatment facilities, which provide evaluation and either treatment or referrals for individuals with chemical dependency disorders.
    Read More
  3. What does it mean to be "licensed," "certified," or "accredited" in this industry?

  4. Licensing means that a particular type of facility or professional may only operate with the advance and continuous authorization ("license") of a designated government agency ...
    Read More
    Licensing & Certification
  5. What kind of licensure and certifications are required to operate a chemical dependency treatment program in Washington?

  6. Facilities must be licensed to operate. Facilities must be licensed to operate. Programs must also be certified to provide specific treatment services. As of July 1, 2018, ...
    Read More
  7. How can the licensing and credentialing agencies in Washington be reached?

  8. As of July 1, 2018, oversight will be handled by the Department....
    Read More
  9. How does a residential treatment facility obtain a license?

  10. A completed application for RTF licensure must be submitted to the Department 60 days or more before ...
    Read More
  11. How does a residential treatment facility renew or amend its license?

  12. The Department mails the "Notice to Renew" about 45 days before the due date, which is 30 days before license expiration. At least 30 days before the expiration date ...
    Read More
  13. What responsibilities does a residential treatment facility have to maintain its license?

  14. The RTF must ensure it is in compliance with all relevant state and federal rules and regulations.
    Read More
  15. Under what circumstances will the Department of Health deny, suspend, modify, or revoke licensure for a residential treatment facility?

  16. The Department may deny, suspend, modify, or revoke an RTF license if the applicant or licensee has:
    Read More
  17. What is the process for obtaining certification for a chemical dependency facility?

  18. Chemical dependency facilities must apply for an initial license to operate as ...
    Read More
  19. What might cause the Department to deny, suspend, or revoke a certification for a program offered by a chemical dependency facility?

  20. The Department may deny a program’s certification if any of the following occurs:
    Read More

Contact Us

Behavioral Health Association of Providers
11835 W Olympic Blvd., Suite 1090
Los Angeles, CA 90064


Membership Agreement
Code of Ethics
Privacy Policy

About BHAP

Behavioral Health Association of Providers helps you feel confident that you comply with changing legal regulations and industry best practices while reinforcing your reputation within your network of ethical business practitioners.

Connect With Us