Alcohol and drug treatment centers save lives. But legal and compliance risk threatens your ability to perform your calling. Ignoring that risk can stunt your growth, put you out of business, or worse, land you in jail. To reduce your legal and compliance risk, you must first know what that risk is. Treatment centers today face legal and compliance risk from many different areas. Assessing and reducing that risk requires a multi-disciplinary approach and expertise in all of the areas where you face risk.
In Part IV of this series, Balch & Bingham LLP partners Walter Boone and Scott Andress outline the risks treatment centers face in the business and real estate arena. In this webinar, you will learn some basic information about:
- Key real estate issues that treatment centers should focus on.
- Zoning and how it can impact treatment centers.
- Financial and formation issues treatment centers need to know about.
- Importance of audits and reliable financial statements.
- Key provisions which treatment centers need in their formation documents.
At the conclusion of the webinar, you will be able to start your own inventory in this area, and get into action with tools and resources to reduce your compliance risk.
Walter H. Boone, Balch & Bingham LLP
Scott Andress, Balch & Bingham LLP